This year’s Mobile World Congress (MWC) will take place from 27 February – 2 March. In Barcelona’s iconic Fira Gran Via venue, MWC will host speakers from across the globe, representing the leaders in global connectivity technology.
Below, we’ve shared our comprehensive guide for attendees, to ensure they make the most out of the event.
Keep reading to find a list of key speakers and the central themes being discussed during the event.
The key speakers at MWC Barcelona 2023
This year, MWC will host tens of thousands of senior executives from the top global companies, international governments and industry-leading technology businesses, spanning the fields of mobile and connectivity.
These will include, to name just a handful of the event’s unmissable speakers:
- Ishwar Parulkar - Chief Technologist for the Telecommunications vertical at Amazon Web Services
- Nukhet Kayahan - Senior Cloud Solutions Architect at Microsoft
- Khalid Murshed - Chief Technology & Information Officer (CTIO) of etisalat by e&
- Börje Ekholm - President and CEO of the Ericsson Group
- Lisa Smith - Partner and Inclusion Lead at Deloitte
- Pekka Lundmark - President and CEO of Nokia
- Christel Heydemann - CEO of the Orange Group
- Rakshit Mehta - Business Development Leader, Global Telecom Industry at IBM
- Karyn Twaronite - Global Vice Chair for Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness at EY
The key themes for MWC Barcelona 2023
The key themes that will be explored during the event will focus on the latest technologies that are set to disrupt the industry.
This year, the five main themes are:
- 5G Acceleration - with topics including ‘FWA: The Real 5G Success Story’, ‘Going Green: Are we Meeting Targets?’, ‘Ready to Talk 6G?’ and ‘Is a 5G Future for Everyone?’
- Reality+ - with topics including ‘Who are the New Consumers in Web 3.0’, ‘Natural Intelligence: Can AI Really Think for Itself?’, and ‘How Immersive Technologies Can Transform the World?’
- OpenNet - with topics including ‘OpenRAN: The Debate’, ‘How are Digital Twins Driving Network Transformation’, ‘Open Network Security: Who is Responsible?’, and ‘A Match Made in Space: The Relationship of Satellite and the Edge’
- Digital Everything - with topics including ‘The Smart Factory & Warehouse: Accelerating Digital Transformation with 5G’, ‘Digital Reality manufacturing in the Industrial Metaverse’ and ‘Travel Beyond Cars’
- FinTech - with topics including ‘NFTs: The One-Hit Wonder?’, ‘Fighting Back Against Financial Fraud Crime’ and ‘Money in the Metaverse’
Meet Mobile Magazine at MWC Barcelona 2023
This award is designed to highlight the contribution that operators, manufacturers and suppliers make to the ongoing increase of mobile usage.
“It is designed to capture breakthrough technology enhancement in the entire mobile ecosystem. This very wide ranging space includes components, microprocessors, memory, chips sets, screens, audio, batteries, operating systems and APIs, to name but a few and also looks at design innovation and form-factors. It recognises the tremendous diversity of the mobile ecosystem as it continues to innovate and add new dimensions to the customer experience.”
The rest of the Mobile team will also be attending the event - so if you want to book a networking slot with us, be sure to get in touch!